For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

hepatitis B

i am from philippines who applied to go to abroad...unfortunately i found out that i am Hep B positive with 3.000 HBsag count and nothing else...but the doctor told me that i am not infectious. A week after, i take a second opinion and confirmed that i realy am postive with HBV, but the HBsag count varies...from 3.000 it drops down to 1.833 and marks as reactive...

pls interpret the result and pls tell me wether i am infectious or not...and also the most important thing is...How could i get rid of this HBV?

thank you very much and more power.

The only way to know if you are infectious is to check you HBV DNA. Until then, I cannot say if you are infectious, or if you need treatment.

Dr. M

are children in an apartment building in danger
HBV DNA high in late pregnancy