Apr 13, 2006
I wanted to know how many people who acquire hiv seroconvert longer than 12 weeks.Does the USA administer tests based on the NAT as well as elisa?.I heard that Nat detects the proteins linked to hiv before the antibodies. I tested negative at 10 weeks.Does that mean I am absolutely negative because if no antibodies were found there should have been the protein which would have been detected by NAT. My blood was tested at the best medical institute in dallas. should I worry.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Please post HIV questions to the HIV forum
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Names Of The Blood Tests Given To Identify Hiv/aids?
- The Average Time Span Between The Initial Hiv Infection And The Onset Of Disease Symptoms In Untreated People
- Can You Die From Mycobacterium Avium Complex?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Neuropathy?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Seborrheic Dermatitis?
- How To Fix Gynecomastia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.