Apr 13, 2006
My sisters boyfriend was just told he has Hepatitis C possibly from when he was 2 and had blood transfusions. He is now 22. Can my sister get this from him and are we capable of getting it if he would come to our home?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Absolutely not! There is no risk of getting hepatitis C from him unless you were going to share injection drugs together...
Enjoy his company.
I hope his health is good and that he is getting appropriate medical care.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Elisa
- Can You Contract HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.