Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hepatititis B carrier
Apr 13, 2006

About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with Hapatitis B carrier. Since then, I have been always taking care of myself and others around me. I always make sure that we do not share things to each other. I always keep an healthly life style: 3 times a week I do sport, no alcohol, work 8 times a day, 30 minutes rest in day time, and so on. In short, I am too concerned of my being as a carrier.

Recently, without reasons I very often feel tired when I get up in the morning. whether my status has been developed to the worst. I am planning to see a docter one of these days. The second one is that whether I can be contracted HIV or somebody who is HIV positive will be affected since I have been living with a few family members who happen to be HIV positive people. YOur help is very much appreciated.

Response from Dr. McGovern

If you are an active chronic carrier, you need a liver biopsy for hepatitis B.

People living in the same household with you should also be vaccinated against HBV.

Dr. M

Previous
HEP C and sexual transmission?
Next
HEP B from a scratch

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.