Jaundice in Childhood.

I came to know from my mum that I had contracted Jaundice 2 times consecutive each year while I was 4 and 5 years old. Couple of months back I understood that I am Hbsag +ve. All other tests are ok. Is it possible that I have got the infection while I was small and still I am Hbsag +ve. I have never had sex any time. Will this affect my life expectancy? Im from India.

Thanks and best Regards

You are a chronic carrier of hepatitis B and yes you probably got it as an infant or as a child.

I would want to know what your HBV DNA is. If it is negative, and your hepatitis B e antigen is negative, then I agree you are "fine".

Make certain you have had these tests performed.

Best regards, Dr. M

A question to Barbara from Minia
Hepatitus B Core AB