Can I work in the medical field

I have been diagnosed as a chronic carrier for hep b. I am awaiting my test results to see if it is an inactive state. However, I am planning to go to medical school. All I needed to know is if people like me(with hep b) are allowd to work in hospital environments? Please let me know so I can change my career plans. Thank you

You can get more information on this issue from the Department of Health.

However, I will say that there are some restrictions if you have a high viral load (>1000).

I must stress though that this decision is a giant one, so you need to review the test results with someone who is expert in hepatitis B and get appropriate counseling based on those results. The most important result is that of your HBV DNA. Please discuss with your physician.

Dr. M

having a baby
HIV/HCV coinfection