Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I work in the medical field
Apr 13, 2006

I have been diagnosed as a chronic carrier for hep b. I am awaiting my test results to see if it is an inactive state. However, I am planning to go to medical school. All I needed to know is if people like me(with hep b) are allowd to work in hospital environments? Please let me know so I can change my career plans. Thank you

Response from Dr. McGovern

You can get more information on this issue from the Department of Health.

However, I will say that there are some restrictions if you have a high viral load (>1000).

I must stress though that this decision is a giant one, so you need to review the test results with someone who is expert in hepatitis B and get appropriate counseling based on those results. The most important result is that of your HBV DNA. Please discuss with your physician.

Dr. M

Previous
having a baby
Next
HIV/HCV coinfection

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.