|having a baby
Apr 13, 2006
hi i was diagnosed with hep-c 2 years ago. my liver isexcellent and i have inflammation grage 1, viral load 170.000 and genotype 4c/4d. i am currently alone but i would still like to have a healthy child. what should i do? should i forget about motherhood till i get cured or would it be ok to have a child thanks mel
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are not in a rush to get pregnant, I would get treated so you don't have to worry about any risk to the baby whatsoever. The risk of passing HCV is about 5 percent.
The reason I think you will do well also is related to your low viral load of 170,000.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.