|having a baby
Apr 13, 2006
hi i was diagnosed with hep-c 2 years ago. my liver isexcellent and i have inflammation grage 1, viral load 170.000 and genotype 4c/4d. i am currently alone but i would still like to have a healthy child. what should i do? should i forget about motherhood till i get cured or would it be ok to have a child thanks mel
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are not in a rush to get pregnant, I would get treated so you don't have to worry about any risk to the baby whatsoever. The risk of passing HCV is about 5 percent.
The reason I think you will do well also is related to your low viral load of 170,000.
hep c and pregnacy
Can I work in the medical field
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Can You Catch Anything From Swallowing Menstrual Blood?
- Does Diabetes Affect An Hiv Test?
- Hiv Antibody Non Reactive After 11 Months Symptoms Persist
- Is HIV Test At 13 Weeks Conclusive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.