having a baby

hi i was diagnosed with hep-c 2 years ago. my liver isexcellent and i have inflammation grage 1, viral load 170.000 and genotype 4c/4d. i am currently alone but i would still like to have a healthy child. what should i do? should i forget about motherhood till i get cured or would it be ok to have a child thanks mel

If you are not in a rush to get pregnant, I would get treated so you don't have to worry about any risk to the baby whatsoever. The risk of passing HCV is about 5 percent.

The reason I think you will do well also is related to your low viral load of 170,000.

Dr. M

hep c and pregnacy
Can I work in the medical field