|hep c and pregnacy
Apr 13, 2006
is hep c passed during pregnacy and child birth
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be passed to the baby but uncommonly - about 5 percent of the time.
Even if the virus is passed to the baby, many still clear the virus.
If the virus persists, children can be treated with interferon and tolerate the treatment much better than adults!
having a baby
- Do The Health Departments List People With Hiv?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- Can Hiv Cause Cancer In Pancreas?
- Will Herpes Simplex Go Away On Its Own?
- When Would Know If You Have Herpes After Coming In Contact?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.