hepa b

I could have vaccinated vaccinated twice before may marriage coming june 3rd.My wife to be has been diagnosed to have hepa b,is it possible that she could infected me if i will not use condom?Is it okey for us to have a baby?

If I understand correctly, you have been vaccinated for hepatitis B in the past. Now your wife has been diagnosed with hepatitis B.

If you were vaccinated, it is unlikely that you will get infected. HOwever, it would be good to make sure your body responded to the vaccine well. I would ask for a hepatitis B surface antibody test to be sure the vaccine worked.

As for having a baby, your wife will need to let her OB doctor know that she has hepatitis B so the baby can be vaccinated at birth.

Dr. M

thanks Dr. Barbara
hep c and pregnacy