|should i be retested?
Apr 6, 2006
I went to a blood drive a couple of weeks ago to donate for the first time.I then received a letter saying I had some antibodies that could mean I had hep b. It suggested that i have further tests because this could be a false positive.I have no symptoms,and am reasonably healthy. Ihad allready had a liver test done about 2 weeks earlier because of a new medicine my doctor was prescribing.He had said my liver was fine do I still need to be retested?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The blood drive request is for you to have additional testing to see your status for hepatitis B. I suspect it is a false positive if you have no risks.
The tests your doctor ordered are probably liver function tests, which can be normal, and you can still have chronic viral hepatitis.
You can get further testing with your own physician for the hepatitis B panel. I suspect you have "isolated hepatitis B core antibody" which can be a false positive. Dr.M
what will i do now?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.