should i be retested?

I went to a blood drive a couple of weeks ago to donate for the first time.I then received a letter saying I had some antibodies that could mean I had hep b. It suggested that i have further tests because this could be a false positive.I have no symptoms,and am reasonably healthy. Ihad allready had a liver test done about 2 weeks earlier because of a new medicine my doctor was prescribing.He had said my liver was fine do I still need to be retested?

Yes.

The blood drive request is for you to have additional testing to see your status for hepatitis B. I suspect it is a false positive if you have no risks.

The tests your doctor ordered are probably liver function tests, which can be normal, and you can still have chronic viral hepatitis.

You can get further testing with your own physician for the hepatitis B panel. I suspect you have "isolated hepatitis B core antibody" which can be a false positive. Dr.M

hepatit B
what will i do now?