Thank you, Doctor

Dear Dr Báara: Thank for replying so quickly. Wishing to make my question simple and waste less of your time, I may have not been so clear in my question. That's why I'm now adding the following: I was diagnost HBV carrier since 1982. I'm considered an "inactive carrier", so I'm not in medication.

My tests results in Dec 2004 were:

HBsAg positive HBeAg negative Anti-HBe positive Anti-HBc - positive HBV-DNA (PCR) <3x10^5 copies/ml

In Dec 2005, the test results were the same, but the HBV-DNA was HBV-DNA (PCR) <60/IumL

Liver function:

2004 - ASAT 16 - ALAT 15 2005 - ASAT 18 - ALAT 15.

I wish to know if the above results means I'm less contagious to others, because my greatest fear is to, inadvertibly, harm other people, especially my family.

Thank you very much. Frank

Thank you for clarifying your question. It looks like you are a chronic carrier, but are inactive. This means that you do not need treatment at present and your blood is currently not infectious to others. As you probably know, it is important to continue getting follow-up medically to be certain that your inactive status doesn't change.

I would still advise HBV immunizations for your household and sexual contacts to be on the "safe side". HBV immunizations are extremely safe.

Best regards, Dr. M

Big-Three-Positive
hepatit B