The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

need your help
Apr 5, 2006

Dear Doctor, I have a problem of my englarged lymph nodes. I got the first one on my right neck from last November after a tick bite in Sydney. The doctor said it may be related with tick bit. From middle of this January, I begin to have more engarded lymph nodes on my neck, they are tiny and not painful. And I have neck pain, muscle pain and a little bit fever (36.7-37.1) for a some weeks. Doctors test my blood for Glandular fever on 1st of Feb. The IGM is positive. But on 27 Feb, I got bood test again, IGM is negative, IGG and IGA: 1:20. And I began to have more englarged lymph nodes on my gronin . I also got score throat and runny nose during Feb as well. The doctor gave me a biopsy, and the result is not cancel. I want to know what is wrong with me? by the way, I did endoscopy last Dec. because of my stamache and they found it is reflux. please help me with my illness since I have been ill for a long time, I really need your help. thanks and wait for doctor's reply. NIna

Response from Dr. McGovern

I am sorry but it is difficult to say what illness you may have. Lymphadenopathy can occur with so many different diseases that just that as a sign does not help me narrow down your illness. Furthermore, this website is devoted to hepatitis illnesses, and I assure you that none of your symptoms appear to be related to this.

You may want to get a second opinion about your care and management.

Dr. M


  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint