Hepb?

Thanks in advance for taking your time answering my question: I had smear of someones vaginal fluid on my right hand. Later I was concerned because I had a cut (like a paper cut, a bit larger) on it about 2 days before the contact. At the moment of the cut It didnt bleed (so a scab wasnt made) but I did see raw meat. Im concerned because there wasnt a scab wich could protect the raw meat. Can Hep b be transmited this way? Are 2 days enough time for the raw meat to heal and the skin to reappear? Please give your opinion and thanks again for your dedication and providing much needed help for people.

I strongly doubt that the event you describe would serve to transmit Hepatitis B into your bloodstream. I would not recommend prophylaxis based on this.

However, you may want to get a hepatitis B panel to see: 1. If you have ever been exposed to HBV 2. To see if you were vaccinated as an adolescent.

If you are not immune, I would recommend vaccination.

Dr. M

HIV/HCV Coinfected: which to treat first?
HIV+Hep B and a Baby