Apr 2, 2006
Is there an oral hcv treatment on the horizon? Will any of the current HCV meds affect my HIV meds?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are oral agents on the horizon, but none near market.
Your question about interactions is a good one, but we are a long way off from knowing that. These experimental drugs are in early testing in patients with HCV alone. Your question will be a key one to answer once these medications are available to HIV/HCV coinfected patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.