|heb B, and Truvada
Apr 2, 2006
For the past year my Dr has had me on Truvada, and Sustiva for HIV and hep b. My HIV viral load has always been undetectable or near undetectable when not on drugs, and my Hep B viral load is around 15,000. My concern is what I read in the Advocate today. In big bold letters it states that Truvada is not for the treatent of the Hep B virus. What should I be taking, and why would he have put me on Truvada in the first plcae?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Truvada has two active drugs against HBV; I suspect that over time we are going to learn more and more about this combination and will find that it is a good choice.
Also most doctors treat hepatitis B with monotherapy which almost always leads to resistance. I think it is best to treat with two active drugs and second the wise choice of your physician.
Uncommonly through sex
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.