|Does menstruation affect HCV sexual transmission risk?
Apr 1, 2006
You recently answered a question from a lesbian with hepatitis who wanted to know if it was safe for her to have sex with her partner. I was surprised that your response did not mention the presence of menstrual blood during sexual activity as a potential transmission risk factor. What gives?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Blood from menses infected with hepatitis B or C would still have to get into the bloodstream of the recipient to transmit infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Drink After Chlamydia Medication?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.