|HBV and antibiotic
Apr 1, 2006
Dear Dr. McGovern
I am an inactive HBV carrier. my MD put me on 5 days of cefuroxime 250mg (twice a day) for my throat infection. I am wondering if it is OK for my liver? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Cefuroxime is absolutely fine for your liver. It is always a good idea to ask a physician if a medication is of concern for your liver, particularly if it is one you will take chronically.
Hope you feel better.
In despair. Please help me cope with that
about LFT results
- Will You Contract Hiv By Having Sex With An Hiv Negative Person?
- Can I Catch Hiv From A Spa?
- Hepatitis C And Swollen Stomach
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
- How Long For Hiv To Turn Into Aids Without Treatment?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.