|HBV and antibiotic
Apr 1, 2006
Dear Dr. McGovern
I am an inactive HBV carrier. my MD put me on 5 days of cefuroxime 250mg (twice a day) for my throat infection. I am wondering if it is OK for my liver? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Cefuroxime is absolutely fine for your liver. It is always a good idea to ask a physician if a medication is of concern for your liver, particularly if it is one you will take chronically.
Hope you feel better.
In despair. Please help me cope with that
about LFT results
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is Vaginal Thrush Contagious?
- Can You Get Hiv Going To Strip Club?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.