Vaccine or Med for HBsAg Carrier

Madam:

Pls help my son who is a carrier with HBsAg. He wants to attend a military school. He was turned down twice! Please help me! Any vaccine or medicine. Thank you and I hope you will hel my son.

Menzie O. Kuengan Philippines

If he has already been turned down, an option is HBV treatment for eradication of his surface antigen status. However, not everyone who takes medication will lose their antigen. In matter of fact most people don't.

You will want to discuss this further with your physician based on more testing of his carrier status and the level of his virus. However, I think that if the academy uses this surface antigen as an automatic rejection, there are not many avenues of recourse and the chance that treatment will change all of this are not high.

Dr. M

HBsAg
In despair. Please help me cope with that