HIV, HEP and Feces

Doctors,

Thank you, in advance, for considering my question.

I have a high risk sexual encounter 28 weeks ago. The possible exposure was unprotected, insertive anal sex with a man of unknown/suspect HIV status. During the incident, there was a transfer of feces from his anus to my penis. I had an HIV test ran, at 28 weeks, and my doctor ran a liver screen. The liver screen was, according to my doctor, "perfect." My HIV test was negative. Would there be any reason, in your opinion, to re-test for HIV or any hepatits?

I would, greatly, appreciate your help. In my state, twelve months is, still, considered definitive for HIV screening.

You should direct your questions regarding HIV testing to the HIV forum.

As for the hepatitis questions:

I would not recheck hepatitis B or C serologies again since you were tested at 28 weeks and this should be adequate.

If you have not been exposed to hepatitis A or B in the past, I would immunize you against those viruses to protect you against acquisition.

Dr. M.

Hepatitus B
HBsAg