Hep B & WBC question

Dear Dr. McGovern,

I was diagnosed as inactive HVB 3 years ago, all my liver function panel tests in the past 3 years remain normal (the last test was perfomed on Mar 7th 2006). My first WBC test 3 years ago was 8.2 then drop to 5.4 a year ago then this time 4.1 (range from 4-11). Neutrophils=57, Lymphocytes=36. Should I worry about this low normal WBC? Can it cause my HBV to reactivate? Notes that I had a cold a bout a week or two before having the blood tests and I've been on mostly vegetarian diet and under a lot stresses. Thank you so much.

If you have inactive hepatitis B infection, then I assume that you have no evidence of HBV virus in your bloodstream. If that is the case, then you only need periodic monitoring for your chronic carrier state.

However, please be certain that you have been checked for HBV DNA in the past.

Your WBC is still within normal range so I wouldn't worry about that.

Dr. M

Please help me + again
We hold you in high regard.