Please help me + again

Hi Dr Barbara

Just got my DNA qualitative( it was positive)my dr. ordered for me dna quantitative and he still believe that this is not a resitance case and told me to stop take erbal capsuls called Phyto Diasol for my slight diabatic also to stop taking Lapiturs 10mg for cholostrol because he believes that thier is effects on the medicin work .Please i need your opinion because he wants to cont. for three months before he decides to switc me to Hespera .Do you think it is ok to try specially that my last 02 PCR were neg.

Thanks again for your kindness and the great help you are providing to us

Hi Doctor

I am Heb B chronic with E negative and anti E positive. My dna was 85000 c/ml before i started one year ago the treatment with Lamuvidine 100mg . I did 02 dna quant. teste ( 03 months a part )and both test results were gative. All my other related tests are ok and withen the normal same as before starting the medicin . My question is as a E g positive and anti E positive from the start .What is the length of the period of my treatment and what is going to happen if i stop after 01 year of lamuvidine ? .

Thank you so much for your kindness.

I usually treat a patient who converts their e antigen positive status to an e antibody positive status for a minimum of 6 months after the conversion. I usually prefer to also treat for 6 months after the HBV DNA level is not detectable anymore. Sometimes these events do not occur together. If the virus comes down after the seroconversion, I personally prefer to treat for an additional six months after a non-detectable virus level has been achieved.

Expert panels recommend a minimum of 4 to 6 months after seroconversion, although quite frankly, the best plan of action is not quite clear.

You will want to discuss this further with your own physician to get their opinion as well.

It sounds like you are making progress; however, it would be helpful to have your quantitative level of HBV DNA back before we can really say whether you have resistance or not.

Also what is your current medication? I am also assuming that your hepatitis B e antibody is still positive.

Dr. M

HEP B Lab Results
Hep B & WBC question