tattoo & hiv/hcv - more questions

Thank you for responding to my question before. I have a few more I'd like to ask. I have developed "blood blisters" on my heels that are very painful. I read about purpura in HCV. Is it possible to develop a symptom like this 1 year after infection - if it is an HIV/HCV co-infection? Also, would co-infection have delayed seroconversion in HIV? I don't understand the difference between HIV and HIV/RNA testing either. Please help me out once again. THANKS!

Blistering in hepatitis C infection can occur secondary to porphyria which is very uncommon. I would much more suspect that your blistering in your feet is just routine rubbing of socks and shoes.

Purpura is not related to blisters. Easy bleeding in the context of liver disease can occur in patients with decompensated cirrhosis. This would not occur after one year of infection.

HIV testing usually refers to looking for the antibody, which is made by your immune system in response to infection. HIV RNA assays test for the actual virus itself.

Dr. M

survival chance
hepititus b