|cocaine and hiv/hcv
Mar 10, 2006
i snorted cocaine out of a straw that had recently been used by someone who had been using cocaine throughoug the day. when i used the straw a fair amount of liquid that had been lodged in the straw passed into my nose. if this person was positive for hiv or hcv what would be the risk of contracting either disease?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk is low, but not zero.
I would discuss this exposure with your health care provider so you can get testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percentage Of The Population Has Genital Herpes?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Does It Means If Someone Have Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
- Symptoms Of Herpes On The Lips
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.