|Is Hep B contagious?
Mar 10, 2006
I have just met a guy who wants to date me. Problem is that he says 20 years ago he was tested and came up with hep b...his Dad molested him,not sure how he got it..He says he is not contagious now and he also said that he goes to Red Cross and gives blood but they throw it away because it has too much iron in it...I am very worried about catching any of this....should I worry like this or?????
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B is transmissable via intercourse. So are many other viruses, such as HIV.
I always say that "safe sex" should be the rule.
I would recommend condoms.
I would also recommend a Hepatitis B vaccine, if you are not immune.
Please Help....Liver pains
cocaine and hiv/hcv
- Is A 3 Month Hiv Test Conclusive After 3 Months?
- Longest Time For Antibodies To Show Up On Hiv Test
- Late Stage HIV Testing False Negative
- Unprotected Insertive Vaginal Sex Hiv Risk
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Why Patient Have Hiv Increase Cd8?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.