Hcv

I was tested for hcv because my mother has it. I turned out negative, but yesterday i wa picking up her peg interferon pen and i barely got stuck with it like mabey a micro meter of the lumin was sticking THROUGH the sharps cap...she had injected herself 5 days prior to yesterday..and there was no visible blood on the lumin, but when i really squeezed my finger a almost microscopic amount of blood protruded from my thumb....could i possibly have hcv now? how long will hcv live outside the body? please help

I do not think you are at risk.

First of all this type of needle is extremely thin.

SEcondly she used it several days earlier.

Third, you barely noted a drop of blood.

Last, your mother injected the pen needle into subcutaneous fat - not an artery or a vein.

You can certainly get tested again, but I certainly wouldn't worry about the results while waiting for them to get back. No testing is fine as well.

Dr. M

PLS HELP-HBV +
Is Hepatitis b cureable