Are nurses infecting med students in our campus?
Mar 10, 2006
Good morning Dr Barbara McGovern,
My tests were negative but I saw that the nurse was not changing her gloves!!! Is it acceptable??????
Now I am scared that she might have given me hiv or hcv (if she had traces of blood on the gloves while putting the gauze on my wound).
Is it possible? Should I test after 3-6 months?
Thank you for replying. I am real scared these days!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry at all about this exposure.
Best regards, Dr. M
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Harder For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- Number Of Sexual Partners Before Testing Positive For Hiv
- Norvir Side Effects Belly Fat
- What's The Difference Between The Hiv Virus And Herpes?
- Will Doctor Prescribe Pain Meds For Hep C Symptoms?
- Can You Get Hiv From Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.