Test results

I have my test results in front of me and initially Dr. said I had Hep C, then additional test said no. I want some confirmation please. Hcv rna qt w/reflex geno, lipa-NI 1.70 Hcv rna pcr qt 50 TNP -reflex testing not required.

Every laboratory has their own abbreviations. I am not sure, for example, what TNP may stand for.

However, I suspect that your quantitative HCV RNA is not detectable, and that they could not do a genotype because of that.

You may have antibody to hepatitis C. This could be a true positive and you have cleared the virus infection.

If you have no risk factors for hepatitis C, then the antibody could be a false positive.

If you think you have a true positive antibody test, then I would simply recheck the HCV RNA with a qualitative test (this is extra sensitive) to be certain you have cleared the virus.

If you think you have a false positive antibody test, then ask your physician to do a RIBA. This test is extremely accurate.

Dr. M

periods with HIV?
My fiance has Hep B, can we have children?