Mar 10, 2006
1.is hepa-B will be cured? 2.is it possible that the hepa-B virus transfered to the person whom you kissed? 3. how many months does it takes to be cured? 4. is it transferable through sex?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B can be suppressed through effective treatment. This viral suppression can sometimes be durable off treatment as well.
However, I usually don't use the word "cure" because hepatitis B lives on in a latent (sleeping) form and can reactivate (become active) again in certain situations. For example, a patient may have inactive disease which flares up when they take chemotherapy or steroids.
Hepatitis B is transmitted through exposure to blood (injection drug use, sexual intercourse) Although HBV has been found in saliva, it has never been proven that kissing spreads HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.