HEPATITIS C

Dear Mrs. McGovern,

My brother who is a endocrinologist, 45 years old has hepatitis c, thalassemia syndrome and liver transplantion 5 years ago. He is under ribavirin and interferon therapy. I know about VIRAMIDINE (VALEANT PHARMACEUTICAL) which cause less anemia, ideal for this case but it is still under clinical trials stage, phase III. Please any possible way no matter the cost in order to have access to this drug with his doctor's responsibility. As I would like to help him more than anything in this world please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards Keimani Sophie ATHENS GREECE

You are obviously quite concerned about your brother.

His physician should contact the company that makes Viramidine to see if he can get it on expanded protocol.

However, another way around this problem of anemia, is to use a growth factor, erythropoeitin (EPOGEN). I find it is very helpful at doses of 40,000 units once weekly.

This option would be much more suitable and easier. However, it is costly. You may want to discuss this option with your brother.

Dr. M

My girlfriend's tested positive to Hep B, Please Help!
PLEASE HELP ME TO STOP WORRYING!!!