|What should I do?
Mar 10, 2006
I recently hired an evening cook for my resturant. She just a few days ago informed me that she has HCV. What do I do? I really need an other evening cook. Otherwise I'll be cooking 7 days a week. Is there a health hazard for my customers and other employees?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is not transmitted by preparing food.
Acute hepatitis A on the other hand, can be transmitted in this way.
You do not have to worry about food-borne transmission in the situation you described. Dr. M
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.