which type of hepatis is likely if a person is getting tested yearly

I have a friend who was intimate with a person once tested positive with hepatitis but is unsure of what type of hepatits she had. She reported she contacted it while caring for her father-in-law. She now is tested yearly and works in a health care center: if the results of her tests are not in on time she cannot work. Can you tell me what kind of hepatitis she may have had and would it be able to be transmitted if intimate with my friend?

Hepatitis B and C can be transmitted sexually, although hepatitis B much more commonly than HCV. You need the blood results to know what you are dealing with.

Hep C treatment
update on coinfection - delayed seroconversion? 23/2/06