confused and worried

Dear Dr McGovern

I am a young man aged 27 and happily married i was also a blood donor but was stopped due to the fact that the clinic says that after my last donation in september they noticed that i may have or have come into contact with hepatitas B,I am now worried and am trying to think how i may have contracted this if at all i have got it,how likly is it that my wife may have contracted it as well. i live in zimbabwe and would like to know more about this illness as the health care here is questionable.

Many thanks

L

It would be helpful to have the exact names of the blood tests that you may have had with their results so I can advise you properly. You may not be infectious at all if you have just evidence of prior hepatitis B exposure which you cleared.

Dr. M

paper cut and hiv
dormant diseases