treating hep c

I have hep c genotype 2. My question is can you have another genotype in your body. I was told new research is showing virus in places other than the bloodstream. I never had a biopsy, but my doc wants me to do treatment and said I would be cured in 6 months. I was also told that the word cure for this disease is only used in the USA. Any advice would help I'm suppose to start treatment next week. Thank you,

I agree with your physician that you do not necessarily need a liver biopsy since your chances of cure are so high with genotype 2 infection.

Yes the virus has been seen in other places in the body outside the liver, but the main issue is that if you undergo treatment and you don't have virus after six months after stopping treatment, your virus will probably not come back.

Please answer. HBV chronic
Hepa B carrier