|hepaitis b confused
Feb 24, 2006
i recently took a lab test and my results are as follows: hbsag-positive, hbcab-negative,hbeag- negative, hbeab-positive,hbsab is less than 3.0 .what is the staus of my hbv?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your laboratories do not fit together. You have evidence of hepatitis B surface antigen and e antibody. So therefore your core antibody should be positive as well, but it is not.
I would recommend a second panel with the addition of HBV DNA as well.
IS THERE ANY EFFECTS THE HEPA B VACCINE EVEN IF I AM REACTIVE
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Color Is Discharge From Herpes?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.