|hepaitis b confused
Feb 24, 2006
i recently took a lab test and my results are as follows: hbsag-positive, hbcab-negative,hbeag- negative, hbeab-positive,hbsab is less than 3.0 .what is the staus of my hbv?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your laboratories do not fit together. You have evidence of hepatitis B surface antigen and e antibody. So therefore your core antibody should be positive as well, but it is not.
I would recommend a second panel with the addition of HBV DNA as well.
IS THERE ANY EFFECTS THE HEPA B VACCINE EVEN IF I AM REACTIVE
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can Men Get Genital Warts Around Their Anus?
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- Chlamydia Effects In Men If Untreated
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.