Is it OK to stop tratment NOW ???

Hi Doctor

I am Heb B chronic with E negative and anti E positive. My dna was 85000 c/ml before i started one year ago the treatment with Lamuvidine 100mg . I did 02 dna quant. teste ( 03 months a part )and both test results were gative. All my other related tests are ok and withen the normal same as before starting the medicin . My question is as a E g positive and anti E positive from the start .What is the length of the period of my treatment and what is going to happen if i stop after 01 year of lamuvidine ? .

Thank you so much for your kindness.

I usually treat a patient who converts their e antigen positive status to an e antibody positive status for a minimum of 6 months after the conversion. I usually prefer to also treat for 6 months after the HBV DNA level is not detectable anymore. Sometimes these events do not occur together. If the virus comes down after the seroconversion, I personally prefer to treat for an additional six months after a non-detectable virus level has been achieved.

Expert panels recommend a minimum of 4 to 6 months after seroconversion, although quite frankly, the best plan of action is not quite clear.

You will want to discuss this further with your own physician to get their opinion as well.

Does HBeAB = cure?