coinfection - delayed seroconversion?

Dear doctor, please help. i am writing to you to ask about the possibility of delayed seroconversion due to coinfection. I tested negative for Hep C and HIV at 3months, but i had weight loss, vomiting, fatigue and swollen glands 6-7 weeks post risk (receptive anal sex with condom but no lube) After this, i just felt sickish on and off and then at about 13 weeks post exposure i took bad pains in liver area and these lasted for a week, but now i am left with a feeling of abdominal bloating for the past 3 weeks. I feel sickish and have not put the weight back on. My doctor ran a Liver Panel at 9 and a half weeks and found ALT at 67 and everthing wlse within the normal range - i do not smoke, drink or take drugs. Please can you tell me if you think i should retest at 6 months - i am very worried. Many thanks Belfast

If you used a condom, I do not consider this a high risk exposure. If your liver function tests are abnormal, it is reasonable to follow up on this with testing for hepatitis B or C viruses. Your swollen glands could also be part of mononucleosis or other viruses, such as cytomegalovirus as well.

The main concern I have is that you are feeling poorly and should continue to follow-up with your physician for your symptoms. I am not convinced however, that your symptoms are related to a sexually transmitted disease if you used protection. Other possibilities still remain.

Dr. M

Dr. what further testing do you recomend.
HepB