Dr. what further testing do you recomend.

Dear Dr. Mcgovern, My story is that i had two open mouth kissing exposures in the strip clubs here in the U.S. and one unprotected sex exposure in India with a prostitue. The latest exposure among all these three exposures was four years ago. After that i had been tested for HIV 1 and HIV2 here in the U.S. several times through Elisa testing. All the tests are negative. I am having skin conditions(problems) from five years, for which i am going to a dermatologist, but no improvements. My question is that do you think i would have been affected with any kind of rare HIV subtype or strain. I am going to a pschyiatrist for treating my depression. I want to take this of my mind(meaning getting rid of the fear of being infected with any rare type of HIV strain), as i am not able to do anything in life. Should i go to an I.D. specialist and get tested for all those rare subtypes. My latest Elisa test for HIV1 and HIV 2 were three months ago, here in the U.S.

Do you think that testing for HIV1 and HIV 2 thru elisa method that are done here in the U.S., will it pick up all the sub types of HIV or any rare strains if any. If it doesnot pick up, then please let me know as to what further testing do i need to do and where can i go for that. I am very curiously waiting for you answer, i always check the site everyday hoping you will answer me. Please answer my concern. By the way, I am originally from India, but settled here in the U.S. from ten years now. thank you.

I think you have been sufficiently tested. For more thorough answers for HIV related questions, please direct your question to the HIV forum.

LOW PLATELET COUNT
coinfection - delayed seroconversion?