Feb 23, 2006
Dear Dr McGovern, I am a chronic carrier for 20 years from my mother. My diagnosis is HbsAg positive, Anti-Hbc positive and Anti-Hbe negative. My SGOT is 27 and my SGPT is 40. Is tis worrying as five months ago my SGOT was 11 and ny SGPT 25. Is there a way to make them lower?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would only suggest that you be tested for HBV DNA to be certain that you do not have chronic hepatitis B e antigen negative infection.
However, I suspect that you are an "inactive carrier" and do not need treatment.
Transmission Question. Please clarify... Thank you.
help! Scared out of our minds! Very Urgent!
- Is Vaginal Sex Without Condom Safe?
- Is Oral Ulcers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.