|when should we get updated
Feb 23, 2006
I am the safety officer of our local fire department and we have some guys that had there hep b shot back in 93'. Should they be recheck or do you think they are still ok?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Since it is more than a decade that they were vaccinated, and you may be exposed due to your job, I would recommend getting a hepatitis B surface antibody level to see if the level is high enough for protection.
Chronic hep b
Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Urine?
- Masturbation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Mutual Masturbation
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Is The Risk Of Sharing A Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.