v v worried bout dNA

hi... im 19 yrs old and i have hbv ... with positive surface antigen ... my dna levelin serum was > 17,543,900 iu ml > 100,000,000 copies ml ....i was on hepsera for 5 months and then my dna level is now 556000 iu ml,2780,000 copies ml.... doctor is it a good improvment and should i start with entecavir ...will it supress more fast with it...plz im waiting for ur reply and am v worried thx

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. I think that you should not tolerate replicating virus for more than about 6 months. If your DNA is not negative by month 6, then I would recommend ADDING entecavir to the adefovir, not substituting. Some people would just continue on the adefovir for a whole year before doing anything differently, and that would not necessarily be wrong. You can ask your MD for his or her opinion, but I dont like virus replicating on medication! Good luck! DTD

How to answer a simple question
Thank You for Advice