hepatites c

i finish 72 wks treatment .my genotype 1 b after 2 month my blood test come again detectable(1.2milion count) do i have any hope for new drug ? or something ?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Lots of new drugs coming down the line! The Idenix NM 283 polymerase inhibitor, the Vertex VX990 protease inhibitor and the Schering protease inhibitor are both very far along in treatment trials. Lots of promise for the future! However, one thing you must realize is that all the new drugs will require you to take interferon as well and some will be taken with ribavirin and some without. Stay positive, help is on the way! DTD

Re: Is it ok for inactive carrier to take Entecavir?
How to answer a simple question