Feb 6, 2006
i finish 72 wks treatment .my genotype 1 b after 2 month my blood test come again detectable(1.2milion count) do i have any hope for new drug ? or something ?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Lots of new drugs coming down the line! The Idenix NM 283 polymerase inhibitor, the Vertex VX990 protease inhibitor and the Schering protease inhibitor are both very far along in treatment trials. Lots of promise for the future! However, one thing you must realize is that all the new drugs will require you to take interferon as well and some will be taken with ribavirin and some without. Stay positive, help is on the way! DTD
Re: Is it ok for inactive carrier to take Entecavir?
How to answer a simple question
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Does Being Exposed To Herpes Mean?
- What Does Bacterial Vaginosis Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.