Ambiguous blood test results

I recently had a hepatitis B blood test and had the following results. HBV Surface antigen: Negative, HBV B Core antibody: Negative, HBV core Igm Equivocal, HBV B e antigen: negative, HBV B e antibody: negative, HBV B surface antibody <5.0 mIU/ml

They reset the test 3 times and finally did an e antigen test and the above was final result.

What does this mean? do i have HBV B, and if not can I go and get vacinated?

Thank you for your help

KP

You need follow-up of your hepatitis B core IGM test to be certain you do not have acute hepatitis B. I suspect it is a false positive test. However, I would recheck the core IgM and core IgG with liver function tests and HBV DNA as well.

Dr. M

Am I at risk
Re: Is it ok for inactive carrier to take Entecavir?