Feb 4, 2006
Hello Dr. McGovern,
I recently just wrote you re HBV DNA re why you don't recommend it on all HBV tests. Thank you for your response.
Also, wondering if HBV DNA tests are uniquely vulnerable to lab contamination, which is another reason you don't recommend testing due to high false positive readings. Is this correct?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HBV DNA should be carefully processed yes - however the issue of following HBV DNA is to always order the test from the same laboratory. Otherwise, there may appear to be "changes" in viral load that actually are only secondary to lab variation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.