cofused with Hepa B

Dear Dr. McGovern,

Warm greetings from the Philippines. I am confused & woried about my sickness. 5 years ago, I had this HBsAg test in a clinic and the result was reactive. Unluckily, I didn't get the job because of the result. I didn't take it seriously because i i thought it was cureable. And I was able to get the job after 4 months knowing that the new result of the HBsAg test was non reactive. Last December, I had the same test and the result was reactive again. What should i do to get a non-reactive result? do i need to take a medication?

Hepatitis B antigens don't usually come and go. I think you need a full set of laboratories to understand if you truly have chronic hepatitis B, including a test of HBV DNA (to see if virus is in your blood).

The surface antigen is always supposed to be confirmed. I don't know if your result was.

Ask your doctor for further testing to determine if you truly have chronic viral hepatitis.

Dr. M

viral interference
Re: CAN STOP ARV