|HCV viremia intermittent?
Feb 1, 2006
Is detectable HCV viremia intermittent in chronically infected, or is it always present in serum until cure?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is always present. The levels vary considerably and go up and down often for no discernable reason. Good question, because many people follow the course of their disease mistakenly as it turns out by the viral load. There is one caveat, however the lab test is rarely subject to false positive and false negative results so I never make a decision based on just one viral load test. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Pubic Hair How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Touching Scratch On Skin And HIV Transmission Risk
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And Negative HIV Test
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Pool Water?
- Are Flu Symptoms An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Does Dry Mouth Mean I Have AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.