Jan 29, 2006
How long does the vaccinatons last? How often should we be tested??
Response from Dr. McGovern
The standard hepatitis B schedule is one vaccine followed by another one month later followed by a third vaccine six months after the first (0,1,6 months).
Patients are not usually tested for antibody response. Exceptions include those who are 1) at risk for no response (dialysis, HIV infected patients) 2) they are health care workers and at risk for exposure 3) person is a sex partner of a chronic hepatitis B patient and at risk for exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.