hcv rebound your opinion

I've asked this before, but no answer. I am HIV pos. (undetectable with medication) and also Hep C pos. Went through 48 weeks of treatment with Peg Intron, and within three months virus returned and went on Pegausus for 7 months. (Undetectable with treatment) However, due to heart surgery, I had to stop treatment early. Have been off treatment for about 11 months now. Where do I go from here? Please help. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I don't have enough information to tell you. Did the HCV relapse again? It sounds like it. If it did, then the way to go, if your heart is OK would be to try double dose peg and weight based ribavirin for 12 weeks, then 48 to 60 weeks more of standard dose peg and ribavirin. Good luck! DTD

HCV viral load
infections in the everyday life of an MD