|hcv rebound your opinion
Jan 24, 2006
I've asked this before, but no answer. I am HIV pos. (undetectable with medication) and also Hep C pos. Went through 48 weeks of treatment with Peg Intron, and within three months virus returned and went on Pegausus for 7 months. (Undetectable with treatment) However, due to heart surgery, I had to stop treatment early. Have been off treatment for about 11 months now. Where do I go from here? Please help. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I don't have enough information to tell you. Did the HCV relapse again? It sounds like it. If it did, then the way to go, if your heart is OK would be to try double dose peg and weight based ribavirin for 12 weeks, then 48 to 60 weeks more of standard dose peg and ribavirin. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sharing Sex Toys Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Condom Leak Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.