For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

hello doctor barbara;

i believe i acquired Hiv/hepatitis co-infection on 1st november 2005 (about 6 weeks ago). my question is simple, i have been noticing pale stools and greenish urine inshead of the usual yellowish colour, along with mildly noticeable yellowing around the irises of both eyes for the past two weeks. is it possible for this to be acute hepatitis illness...or due to mildness of symptoms, could this be an indication of chronic diease? Please let me know your personal opinion, and kindly guide me on what action to take.

regards M.

Yellow eyes can occur in the setting of acute disease or chronic illness.

Your physician will be able to sort that out clinically and with a biopsy, if necessary.

hypersplenism and low cd4?
helping babies