hypersplenism and low cd4?

Dr. McGovern, I am an ID fellow at the UT health science ctr in San Antonio. I have a an HIV pt VL undetectable with ESLD (unknown cause) and ESRD possibly related to HIV. He has been ruled out as a candidate for liver/renal tp in a study at Mt Sinai, NY because his CD4 does not reach 200 (it is 180). However, his total percentage is consistently in the 30s. I came across your abstract regarding hypersplenism and its possible relation to low CD4 counts referenced on GOOGLE. Any way you could send me a copy of this to help make a case for getting this man to qualify for his transplants? Alternatively, may call me at 210-861-8572 (Cell phone) Thx you. G Brzankalski, MD

Yes we did present an abstract regarding this issue and I am happy to send it to you. I think this is a very important issue.

I have googled your name but have not found your email address.

If you get this message, please send me your contact information. Otherwise I will call you to forward.

Dr. McGovern

What kids need to hear.
HIV/HEPATITIS