For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

What kids need to hear.

Hello, my name is Kristina Emelie Re, and I'm writing an article for my school to encourage awareness. On 1 December, I was shocked to find that no one in my school had any idea what it meant. I had not attended that day, as my mother and I went around the surrounding towns to hand out pamplets I had made. I was even approached by a religious group who asked me what AIDS was.

Since learning that the school did nothing on that day, I decided to write a paper that will go on the internet (as our newsletter does). I was wondering if there was anything you think that the youth of today need to hear to understand the importance of HIV/AIDS, and that tryig to hurt those already infected is useless and intolerant. I thank you for your time, and await your response.

Your mission and paper are very important. I would refer you to our HIV forum for further information. This is the hepatitis forum.

can AIDs be transmitted through sharing earrings?
hypersplenism and low cd4?